Four of the top ten conditions that result in a GP visit have a strong pain involvement. Acupuncture aims to deal with the underlying root cause of the condition as well as the symptoms, and reducing stress and anxiety, to relieve the discomfort.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) provides national guidance and advice to improve health care, and recommends acupuncture for a number of conditions, and increasingly clinical studies show it to be safe and effective for many conditions.
My acupuncture treatment is usually not done in the area of discomfort as this can be uncomfortable, and I therefore mainly use the Dr Tan style, which involves needling points far from the pain.
• Arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
• Facial pain (including TMJ, Bell's Palsy, Trigeminal Neuralgia)
• Headache & migraine
• Back pain, including disc prolapse, scoliosis, sciatica
• Neck pain
• Tennis elbow / Golfer's elbow
• Periarthritis of the shoulder (“frozen shoulder”)
• Hip pain
• Knee pain
• Plantar fasciitis
• Shingles & post herpatic neuralgia (pain after shingles)
• Peripheral neuropathy
• Post operative pain
• Sports injuries